Thursday, January 6, 2011

No 1 Fan - Part 2 - Just Checking

<Okay, I know it's been a while since I've put anything up. Basically, I've been strapped for time. Or, to be precise, I never seem to be in the mood to write and have time to write at the same time.
Anyway, I've had certain observers of this blog ask me why I've been hibernating, so I decided to break the rest of "No 1 Fan" into even smaller installments, so I can at least have regular posts.
This next one's pretty inconsequential, but it moves the story along and, hopefully, keeps you in suspense. Or maybe it'll just piss you off.
Whatever the case may be, enjoy. More to come>





He gaped at her for a while. Then he realized he looked ridiculous with his mouth hanging open and decided to close it. He looked up at her. She was looking at him expectantly. He opened his mouth to say something, realized he had nothing to say and shut the hell up once more. She was still looking at him, one eyebrow raised. He started sweating. He opened his mouth and then closed it again. He repeated this little exercise a few more times before clearing his throat.
Then he just stared at her.
Slowly, he grew suspicious. Had he heard her right? Best to make sure.
"Er-"
The bored expression partially left her face.
"Yes?"
"Um... sorry, but what did you say?"
"I said 'yes' with a lilt at the end which generally suggests that what I said was interrogative in nature."
"Riiiiight... no, I mean what did you say before that?"
"Are you okay, Mr. Rai?"
"Before that."
"Oh. I said, "My name's Anita Sen.""
"And..."
"And I'm your number one fan."
"Ah, right."
And then he went back to doing his goldfish impression.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment